[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Adoptation of IPv6 from gPXE (#6)

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:38:11 UTC 2012

 > This is the first patch to support auto configuration based on Router
 > Advertisement packets received via ICMPv6.  It required to extend
 > "rx" methods with "netdev" structure to pass it deeper routines.

 > You can merge this Pull Request by running:

 >   git pull https://github.com/ya-mouse/ipxe master

	So, I've had to apply the following commits out of the main
	development branch to build this (c1c3a3ae944a) iPXE version
	(specifically, I've built undionly.kpxe and virtio-net.lkrn):

1ac62b914ec9 [qib7322] Fix compiler warning on gcc 4.7
a87c0c4f0f47 [isa] Avoid spurious compiler warning on gcc 4.7
bc93e8ab41b7 [util] Avoid compiler warning on gcc 4.6

	Also, I've had to comment ‘flags’ out of ipv6_process_headers ()
	(the diff is MIME'd.)

	I'm yet to test if the IPv6 support works, but virtio-net.lkrn
	boots under QEMU, and the config command allows the ip6 value to
	be set.  Note, however, that if I set it to, say, 2001:db8::1
	there, it changes to 2001:db8::549e:300:8a41:1 instantly, which
	looks like a bug.

	Being interested in discarding the last bits of IPv4 off my
	network, I'd be glad to participate in testing of the new iPXE
	revisions aiming at completion of the IPv6 support.  TIA.

--
FSF associate member #7257	http://sf-day.org/