[ipxe-devel] Recent tg3 driver commits still fail on gigabit

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-ipxe at spaceservices.net
Tue Aug 21 15:15:47 UTC 2012

I noticed this, this morning as well. I plan to do some debugging this
afternoon, once I get some other issues out of the way from the start of
our semester.
I'm not sure if Kevin has seen the previous post or not, but it's here:
http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2012-May/001461.html .

I do want to thank the guys/gals at Broadcom who are putting an effort
into this, as it does appear to have fixed a different issue we had (If
you booted via USB, into a WinPE image, the WinPE image was not able to
use the NIC. This appears to be working as expected now).

I plan to do a DEBUG=tg3 build, so if more debugging, or another is
requested, let me know and I can include that. The machine I have for
testing does have a Serial output, so I can easily grab any console output.

Brandon Penglase