[ipxe-devel] ipxe fails to find Realtek card

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Aug 8 18:27:32 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 12:35 PM, Michael Brown wrote:

>>> I can see what I can get off of the display, but this hardware doesn't
>>> have a serial port.  Is there any other way to get a debug log out?
>>
>> The log wasn't long, so I just took a snapshot:
>>
>> 	http://sr71.net/~dave/foo/ipxe.debug.0.JPG
>
> Sorry for the delay; I'm working through the mailing list backlog.
>
> If you're still interested in fixing this, could you see if either of the
> attached patches (applied individually, not both at once) fixes the driver for
> your NIC?

Finally got my hands back on the hardware.  The first patch
(ipxe-skip-mii-reset) doesn't build. :)  But, after fixing it up:

d97c6a - does not detect card at all... "No more network devices"
d97c6a+ipxe-force-no-phy-regs - detects and starts DHCP, says Link:up,
but I never see a link light on the switch
d97c6a+ipxe-skip-mii-reset - detects and starts DHCP, says Link:up, but
I never see a link light on the switch