[ipxe-devel] Feature/Comment request - 'control-c to cancel netboot' or similar

camden lindsay camden.lindsay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:51:12 UTC 2012

Indeed-
However there are several other ways to kill out of (other) ePXE boot
interfaces, and most of them indicate how to escape or kill out of the
sequence.

I have seen escape key, i have seen any key, but those are often indicated
in text before or next to the ongoing PXE boot attempt.

It just seemed to me - (and i am no expert) that having a brief note inline
would be easy to implement and avoid confusion / having to look up / try
different keystrokes during the PXE boot sequence for folks not familiar
with this particular product.

Again, i may be wrong- but it seems that the 'abort' or control-c is very
common in post-boot environments, but not nearly as common in pre-boot
environments.

Thanks for the link and note-
Camden