[ipxe-devel] apply for GOSC iPXE driver implement

mingchao liu mingchao6 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:33:34 UTC 2012

hi all,
     I am interested in iPXE project during GSoc this year. I did already
some researching with IPXE, Followed the guide of www.ipxe.org/gsoc.
completed the interview code of C language. What i am gonna to do
is implementing a new driver for iPXE, But I saw the discussion  within
the mail-list, Maybe I should wait the response from the list to know which
kind of driver are the most required by the community, maybe some kind of
10GB NIC? Since There are about 3 month to complete the whole thing. I
would like to take 0.5 months to get familiar with the framework of IPXE,
try to do some small patch at the first beginning, then spend 1.5 months to
code the driver, another 0.5 month to test&debug the code.Then left about
0.5 month to complete the documents and pushing the code into the branch.

Any suggestions about my proposal are all welcome.

Thanks ~~~~~