[ipxe-devel] about google summur code 2012

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Tue Apr 3 15:28:29 UTC 2012

On 03.04.2012 04:57, Nabil Sayeed wrote:
> I am very much interested to attend google summer code 2012 and want to
> work with your project. I am a newbie in driver development. But I
> believe, if I get support from you then I can be successful. Please let
> me know the initial requirements I should fulfill.

The process is detailed in http://ipxe.org/gsoc/

1. Read it carefully
2. Make sure you can participate according to the Google rules
3. Choose an idea from the list (or something else if you have an idea
that is not in the list, but related to the iPXE codebase in some way)
4. Write a proposal before the deadline passes on the 6th of April using
the template on the Google GSoC iPXE page and send it to us/apply using
the Google GSoC / Melange system. You need to register there to take part.

There are links at the bottom of the URL mentioned above that should
point you to the Google GSoC pages.

Depending on what idea you want to work on, you might need the
appropriate amount of hardware (like a separate testing machine with
physical serial ports that you can reboot often to test things).

Hope this helps.

-- Robin