[ipxe-devel] ipxe and vmware workstation 8 or virtualbox 4.1.2

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 13:08:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday 22 Sep 2011 18:52:48 Edward Villalovoz wrote:
> This pic is before I start pinging the ipxe VM.
> This pic is after I start pinging the ipxe host.

The error http://ipxe.org/2a484006 appears only after you start pinging, and
the error count approximately matches the number of dropped pings.

The page http://ipxe.org/2a484006 shows that this error is generated when
e1000 runs out of transmit buffers.  It seems as though e1000 transmit
completion is not working on your VMware Workstation instance, for some
reason.  You could try debugging the e1000 driver, or you could try using a
different virtual NIC type.