[ipxe-devel] missing commands

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:41:16 UTC 2011

Hello Sven,

While iPXE does contain and support those commands, they're often left
/#undef/ined in src/config/general.h.  I believe that the reason for
doing so is to keep compiled size down for ROM-based iPXE deployments.

"time" and "reboot" are two of these such commands, though browsing
the git log, I see that Michael has put "sleep" in by default; cheers
to that!

You can get a quick idea of what is and isn't available here, with the
commands you're interested in starting at line 123:
https://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/blob/bf2da3122b988cd277da435ee76bc35ad438e8af:/src/config/general.h

On a related note, the documentation doesn't state that these commands
need to be enabled, and perhaps it should.  I remember being confused
the first time I tried to "sleep" and got an error back from the CLI
:)

Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky