[ipxe-devel] Native drivers AND fallback UNDI in a PXE image possbile?

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Wed Nov 16 17:21:17 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

Am 16.11.2011 14:12, schrieb Michael Brown:
> For a proper solution, you need to get the .kpxe format working.  To simplify
> matters, try using bin/undi.kpxe - does this show the same timeout behaviour?

Yes, it shows the same timeout behaviour.

I tested a bit and found out that if I press CTRL+B, wait for about 15
seconds and then type "dhcp", it works - with undi.kpxe as well as my
previously built ipxe.kpxe.

I then embedded a script which does "dhcp" for a second time if the
first try failed. Because the first dhcp-try takes more than 15 seconds
to fail, the second try works immediately. This way, I can work around
the problem.

If you are interested in the details, I attached two screenshots, taken
from the same machine. The first shows the timeout, the second one the
results after waiting 15 seconds. The Card is an Atheros AR8132,
connected via PCI Express, PCI ID 1969:1062, uses Linux driver atl1c.

Thanks again and best regards,
Sven