[ipxe-devel] Unable to load custom menu in gPXE / iPXE scripts chaining to pxelinux.0 with dhcp option 209

Chee-Yang Chau cychau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:20:14 UTC 2011

I am following http://etherboot.org/wiki/appnotes/authmenus to allow
specific boot menu for users.  Here is my path:

BIOS -> Intel Boot Agent -> DHCP -> gpxelinux.0 (PXELinux 4.10)  ->
com32 gpxecmd.c32 (chain boot gpxe script via http)

Here is my gpxe script:

#!gpxe
imgfree
set 209:string http://192.168.0.10/pxelinux.cfg/tools.menu
set 210:string http://192.168.0.10/
chain ${210:string}pxelinux.0

I boot the machine and it finally load the above script and execute
it.  When executing pxelinux.0, it loads pxelinux.cfg/default instead
of pxelinux.cfg/tools.menu.  What could be wrong?  I have tried it on
both PXELinux 4.04 and PXELinux 4.10 and having same problem.

I also try this path:

BIOS -> Intel Boot Agent -> DHCP -> iPXE (undionly.kpxe) -> PXELinux
4.10 -> com32 gpxecmd.c32 (chain boot gpxe script via http)

and same problem happen too.

Due to the lack of support of menu in iPXE, I force to use chain to
PXELinux's menu.

--
Best regards,
Chau Chee Yang