[ipxe-devel] Chain load iPXE from PXELINUX

Lindgren Daniel daniel.lindgren at tullverket.se
Thu Nov 10 09:02:23 UTC 2011

> We actually chainload the ISO that is generated from WDS or the Microsoft
> Deployment Toolkit.  This avoids all the problems that you are running into.
> We had several issues getting the method you describe to work properly.

Yeah, that's what we've done for years with ISO's from WAIK using memdisk with ISO support, works great. That's actually the reason we started using iPXE(LINUX), to enable HTTP transfers of ISO (and other) files.

My WDS guy wasn't sure if everything was set up OK for WDS if you skip wdsnbp.com and do not set DHCP options 66/67 to the WDS server, but it certainly seems to work. Much cleaner and easier than umpteen levels of chain loading.

Cheers,
Daniel