[ipxe-devel] Command line disabled when embedding a script

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Fri May 27 15:01:15 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

Am 27.05.2011 01:49, schrieb Michael Brown:
> Unfortunately this violates causality.  The Ctrl-B prompt is displayed before
> the DHCP request is made.

Thanks for your explanation. If I got you right, ipxe's dhcp options are
not submitted with the inital PXE download, but when requesting the boot
filename.

This means that ipxe's dhcp options of my following dhcpd.conf snippet
are in the wrong place and should be moved to above the "else"
statement, correct?

Thanks,
Sven

(Option space ipxe is declared, of course)

if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {
   filename "http://my.server/cgi-bin/ipxe.cgi?ip=${net0/ip}";
} else {
   next-server my.server;
   filename "ipxe-undionly.kpxe";