[ipxe-devel] iPXE and Mac

Nicolas Bourbaki ncl.bourbaki at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:56:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I tried using iPXE with a Mac but I did not manage to create a
bootable efi binary (with bless).

The only way I was able to start the iPXE was to produce a rEFIt USB
key, include the ipxe.efi binary inside the efi/tools/ directory and
to start it from within the EFI shell.

This is OK. However, the combo key Ctrl+B is not working with the Mac.
The grub2 guys had the same issue and if I remember correctly they
mapped the f1 key to the Ctrl+B combo.

Would it be possible to do the same ?

Regarding the network interface, mine is not detected. I've got a 13"
mac with an nvidia ethernet card. So I compiled the EFI binary using
the following:

make bin-x86_64/ipxe.efi and make bin-x86_64/forcedeth.efi

If I include the forcedeth.efi binary inside efi/tools/drivers, the
rEFIt shell does not start.

Anyone managed to get a running iPXE on their Mac ?

Cheers,

Nicolas.