[ipxe-devel] Iscsi boot fails with the error message: Connection reset

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 11:15:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday 31 Mar 2011 06:12:51 Frank Weed wrote:
> I have gone though the page, and unfortunately I still get the same
>  problem.

You haven't mentioned yet which error you are seeing.  I'm going to assume
that you are seeing the error http://ipxe.org/0f0a6039 - it would be useful if
you could confirm this.

Could you describe your setup in more detail?  For example, what iSCSI target
are you using?  Are you able to connect to the iSCSI target from another OS
such as Linux or Windows?

I have added an extra suggestion at http://ipxe.org/0f0a6039 to try capturing
a packet trace.  You can find instructions for this at

  http://ipxe.org/howto/pcap