[ipxe-devel] Flashing 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M

Tadas retrry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:14:27 UTC 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to flash this NIC to support ipxe. As I couldn't find any
original software for flashing from 3COM, I tried using flashrom. Flashrom
supports flashing 3COM NIC's, but I ran into problem. IPXE generated image
is 59.5 KiB and space in NIC option ROM ir 64 KiB. The main problem is that
flashrom can't use images if they aren't the same size as ROM. Can I somehow
generate IPXE image that is exactly 64 KiB in size, o should I report this
issue to flashrom devs?

Tadas Barzdžius
+370695 92533