[ipxe-devel] HP Blade Support

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 20:07:43 UTC 2011

Hello Trevor, Shao,

Regarding this:

> I tried booting the torito image, that allows me to boot from cdrom
> however when
> message
> that "windows cannot be installed to this disk, This computers hardware
> may not
> support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is
> enabled in
> the computer's BIOS menu. It detects my internal disk fine though.

There's a setup log buried deep in the "Panther" folder on the RAM
drive WinPE uses that will contain diagnostic info, but I found out
(after days of pulling my hair out!) that this is [usually] an issue
with resolving ARC paths to NT Device names.  All of my info/research
is in a technet thread where I mostly talked to myself.... but it may
be of use to you if you want to go in-depth on this problem:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/cea6177e-9cb2-420e-bbc0-0cac487e51e2

The very sad news though is that it seems like *every* BIOS behaves
differently on this :(

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky