[ipxe-devel] Installing ESXi 4.0 using iPXE

Shahid Munir mr_shahid_munir2 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 20:16:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

How do I get iPXE to load the components of the ESXi installer and inject the
kickstart script to install ESXI 4.0?

Using my Windows Server 2003 box I use TFTP to start undionly.kpxe. Then I chain
menu.c32 and menu.cfg to load the options menu.

I now need to load the modules of the ESXi boot from my webserver (IIS v6):

vmkboot.gz
vmkernel.gz
sys.vgs
cim.vgz
ienviron.tgz
install.tgz
image.tgz

Plus a kickstart script

I have tried to use initrd and module and chain to try and get these together
and boot but without success.

In another menu option I am trying to load memdisk and memtest but again without
success.

Any suggestions how I need to set this up?

Regards,
Shahid