[ipxe-devel] eepro100 vs qemu

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 12:05:53 UTC 2011

On Friday 11 Mar 2011 18:27:28 Alex Williamson wrote:
> I'm looking to refresh qemu's PXE ROMs with iPXE, but it looks like the
> eepro100 ROM has been broken for qemu for quite some time.  I bisected
> the start of the problem back to this commit:
>
> <snip>
>
> Has anyone looked at this or have any ideas what the problem is?  It
> seems like I can DHCP ok, but TFTP fails with:
>
> http://ipxe.org/err/4c126035
>
> Looking for some help to debug this.

I can reproduce this locally.  The "ifstat" command (see
http://ipxe.org/cmd/ifstat) shows multiple RX errors of "Invalid argument
(http://ipxe.org/1c384002)".  Turning on DEBUG=eepro100 shows the message

  Corrupted packet received. Status = 0x0fffa080

I haven't looked any further into it yet.

> BTW, any plans for tagging a release soon?

Yes.  There are a couple of remaining changes I want to put in: enhancing the
SAN command set and adding the config UI changes to allow browsing through the
settings hierarchy.  After that, I'm planning to do a call for last-minute
patches and feature requests, followed by a release candidate.