[ipxe-devel] iPXE and Windows Server 2003

Sven Dreyer sven at dreyer-net.de
Fri Mar 4 15:14:47 UTC 2011

Shahid,

Am 04.03.2011 15:57, schrieb Shahid Munir:
> I have set iPXE to boot from the TFTP Server (Windows Server 2003 Ent
> Ed.) and this then loads undionlyu.kpxe. I then try to load IPXE.KRN for
> a Linux Kernel and I get the following error:

You do not need to load undionly.kpxe AND ipxe.krn. One of them is
enough. The ipxe.krn file just looks like a linux kernel to the
bootloader (hence the name).

Instead of trying to load ipxe.krn, you should directly try to boot the
desired linux kernel (or a script which loads the initrd and the kernel).

Hope this helps,
Sven