[ipxe-devel] Using iPXE with UNDI driver

Philip Lantz philip.lantz at intel.com
Fri Jul 1 04:06:05 UTC 2011

How does iPXE detect a UNDI driver? I have written a UNDI driver for a
experimental network device. I load my driver from the EFI shell and then
run ipxe.efi, but iPXE doesn't find my device. (I am using the binary found
in bin-i386-efi\ipxe.efi after having done 'make everything'.) I am
completely comfortable with poking through the iPXE source code and/or
running it in a debugger to figure out what it is (or is not) doing, if only
I knew what it is supposed to be doing.

Also, the web site tells how to specify the DEBUG option at build time, but
it doesn't give any hint how to figure out what names are possible. When I
put in a few names that I thought might be helpful, I got build errors.
(E.g., "No rule to make target `bin-i386-efi/undiload.dbg1.o', needed by
`bin-i386-efi/blib.a'.") Is this a trial-and-error thing, or is there some
way to tell what is supported?

Thanks for your help.

Philip Lantz
philip.lantz at intel.com