[ipxe-devel] iPXE with Virtualbox

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 12:45:18 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 Jan 2011 12:33:48 Pete I. Eby wrote:
> I'm glad you narrowed this down - I've been meaning to do the git bisect
> since that original thread, and just never got back to it. Thanks for
> doing this.
>
> I'd love to see this resolved as using iPXE with VirtualBox would be
> extremely handy, as otherwise one is left using earlier gPXE versions.

Thanks for tracking this down, Matthew.  It's annoying that flat real mode
seems to cause problems in some hypervisors, even though it works on real
hardware.

I can't just revert this change, since some later commits (e.g. "[romprefix]
Add .mrom format") depend upon it.  I'll rework it to use some form of
protected mode instead.