[ipxe-devel] Question about SSL support

Miro Halas ipxe at bastafidli.com
Thu Feb 17 17:43:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could comment on SSL (HTTPS) support in iPXE. I
wasn't able to find any documentation beyond some references in the mailing
list. I understand that to enable HTTPS supper I need to
modify src/config/general.h. I was wondering what works and what doesn't?

I have also noticed that after gPXE/iPXE split there was couple of patches
submitted (for
example http://www.mail-archive.com/gpxe@etherboot.org/msg01128.html). Based on
this patch I am assuming that quite a bit of functionality (e.g. certificate
validation) is missing. Is this correct assumption? Also looking at the iPXE
mailing list I have not seen this particular patch being applied. Is there any
reason why?

I know I have more questions than answers, but if anybody could provide some
insight I would really appreciate it :-).

Thank you,

Miro Halas