[ipxe-devel] Create rom image with embedded script [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dwyer, Andrew Andrew.Dwyer at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Feb 17 04:51:44 UTC 2011

UNCLASSIFIED

I'm hitting ctrl+b at the first prompt because that's the only one I
get.  After that the screen goes blank and then the devices in the boot
order attempt to boot.

I'm doing this on a HP Z400 which has a HP branded BIOS.  The network
card definitely appears in the boot order selection with the stock Intel
pxe rom, but when I replace it with iPXE it disappears.

The BIOS detection line:

iPXE (http://ipxe.org) 37:09.0 1000 PCI3.00 PnP PMM+004D1200+004E1EF0
D740

Cheers