[ipxe-devel] Boot .iso.gz with memdisk

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:29:20 UTC 2011

Hello Sven,

Regarding the issue of slow transfer speeds, I cannot recall precisely what build of gPXE that gPXELINUX uses, but it's very possible that it uses native drivers for your NIC.  If you'd like to try using native drivers for your iPXE deployment, cd to src/ and try "make bin/ipxe.pxe" and chainload that file instead.  It should include all native drivers.  There are also the .kpxe and .kkpxe builds, and while I know technically what they do, I'm not really sure what the indications are for using one over the other.  MEMDISK tends to work with the .pxe builds just fine, in my experience.

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky