[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] Passing commands or a gpxe script from grub to gpxe.lkrm

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Sat Apr 9 19:55:50 UTC 2011

On Saturday 09 Apr 2011 20:21:06 Dustin Lundquist wrote:
> <snip>
>
> It boots gPXE, but then just tries a standard PXE boot rather than
> executing the commands in the script. If I enter the script by hand at the
> Ctrl+B prompt it boots Windows 7. I've also tried appending the sanboot
> line to the linux16 entry in the grub config.
>
> How can I pass commands from grub to gPXE?

You can't do this with gPXE.  You need to upgrade to iPXE, which you can find
at http://ipxe.org - this will interpret the kernel command line as an iPXE
command line.

For example, in your setup:

  linux16 /ipxe.lkrn dhcp net0 && sanboot \
    iscsi:192.0.2.10::::iqn.2011-03.com.example:windows-disk

(as a single line in grub.cnf).

Please feel free to forward this message to gpxe at etherboot.org.  Unfortunately
I can't reply there directly, since Marty still censors any messages I send to
any gPXE list.