[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] Windows 2008 install directly to iscsi target boot problem

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 16:18:30 UTC 2011

On Friday 01 Apr 2011 16:26:45 Tomas K wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install Windows 2008 directly to iscsi disk using
> gPXE. I've tried almost everything and I am still (now for 2 months)
> stuck on this.

Try upgrading to iPXE (http://ipxe.org) instead.  The support for direct-to-
SAN installation has been greatly improved since gPXE development stopped last
year.

Since you're using Windows 2008, you may find it easiest to use WDS to install
Windows direct to an iSCSI target.  You can find the necessary documentation at

  http://ipxe.org/howto/wds_iscsi