[ipxe-devel] gPXE 1.0.1 Boot Server Discovery behaviour

carlyoung at keycomm.co.uk carlyoung at keycomm.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 10:25:36 UTC 2010

    On Thu 11/11/10 6:06 PM , Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
sent:
  On Thursday 11 Nov 2010 17:24:29  wrote:
 > I disabled the VMware E1000 gPXE BIOS and booted from ipxe.iso and
 > the boot sequence (from 1.0.1+ GIT obtained source) does go into
 > autoboot OK with appropriate boot server type specified in the
DHCP
 > discover frame.
 OK, glad to know it does what I expect!
 > I want to verify this via a boot ROM. Can someone help me create
an
 > iPXE 1.0.1 Intel E1000 ROM BIOS of 65536 bytes as ESX is choking
on
 > it as it is 68,608 bytes as built on a Suse 11 machine. Could I
 > remove an object file, etc?
 Disabling AoE and iSCSI (by uncommenting the lines
 #undef SANBOOT_PROTO_ISCSI
 #undef SANBOOT_PROTO_AOE
 in config/general.h) will give you a substantially smaller ROM, if
you don't
 need SAN booting support.
	That managed to create a much smaller ROM, but now is less than
65536 bytes. I'm just going to pad the end with NUL's - shouldn't be
any issues with that should there? Is there a way to do this from the
build or should I just do it from the shell?

	Carl