[ipxe-devel] TCP FIN problems (was: Re: [gPXE-devel] [PULL] ipxe-sync)

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Thu Jul 15 19:12:09 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 07 Jul 2010 13:26:18 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> P.S. What do you think about the FIN issue? Are you planning on
> working on it or maybe have a general idea on how to best approach
> fixing it?

I have tracked down and fixed what I believe to be the two problems relating to
TCP connection closing:

  http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/c57e263
  http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/f033694

I have tested with a setup in which I was previously able to reproduce your
problem (server keeps retransmitting final FIN which is never ACKed by iPXE),
and it now seems to work.

Further testing would be much appreciated!