[ipxe-devel] [Etherboot-discuss] Booting over LACP/802.3ad bonded interfaces

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Dec 3 18:36:20 UTC 2010

On Friday 03 Dec 2010 17:47:17 Evan Borgstrom wrote:
> I'm looking for information on how to boot over a LACP/802.3ad bonded
>  interface.
>
> I found the following commit, which looks as though there has been at least
>  some work done on booting over an LACP bonded interface.
>
> http://git.etherboot.org/?p=people/oremanj/gpxe.git;a=commit;h=cc6b2dec9489
> 25a2b3a776b6198d9bbc4eded955

Hi,

You can boot via a switch port that requires the use of LACP.  Only a single
port will be active during boot; once the OS starts up it will re-negotiate
using LACP to create a bonded link.

There are no specific instructions.  LACP is enabled in the default build, and
it should just work automatically.  Have you tried it?

Btw, please send any replies to this list (ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org); there
is no further development taking place on the old Etherboot list (etherboot-
discuss at lists.sourceforge.net).  Also, the commit you post is in someone's
personal git tree; you should use the iPXE master tree at
http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git instead.

Hope that helps!