[ipxe-devel] Error "Could not select: Exec format error (2e008081)" while loading EFI images via HTTP/TFTP

Felix Jacobi felix.jacobi at iserv.eu
Tue Sep 10 14:25:38 UTC 2019

Hi Geert,

> The original posting, IIRC, had  || at the end of each line in the
iPXE script.
> I did read the ||  as "or" and did ignore it.

Yeah, that's correct. I don't remember the exact reason why I added the
|| , but it seems to prevent iPXE from exiting immediately if an error
like the "Exec format error" one occurs. If remove trailing || from the
commands, iPXE just hands over the control over the boot process to the
firmware after the error is raised by the boot command.

> How does iPXE script of OP behave without those  ||?

Exactly the same behavior as before except for that the subsequently
commands also complaining about the exec format error with the same message.

Regards, Felix

--
Best regards,

Felix Jacobi

IServ GmbH
Bültenweg 73
38106 Braunschweig

Phone:			        0531-2243666-0
Fax:				0531-2243666-9
E-mail:				felix.jacobi at iserv.eu
Web:			        https://www.iserv.eu
Tax ID:			        DE265149425
Executive directors:		Benjamin Heindl, Martin Hüppe, Jörg Ludwig
Principles on privacy:		https://www.iserv.eu/privacy

Verify my identity: https://github.com/FelixJacobi/gpg-keys