[ipxe-devel] Nothing to Boot Error

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jun 15 06:04:16 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 01:15:20AM +0200, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 01:12, Devanshu Goyal <devanshu at tru.agency> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying to install macOS HighSierra using qemu-system-x86_64 .
> > I am stuck at IPXE Error that says :
> >   Nothing to boot: No such file or directory (http://ipxe.org/2d03e13b)

Visiting that webpage gives  high tech information.  Translating that
information into laymens terms:

  * Check that DHCP server is working
  * Check there is valid content for ${filename}

And that might another translation:

  * When the DHCP server is not working, fix it
  * When no valid ${filename}, fix it

> Hi,
> I'm assuming you don't actually want to boot over the network,

Assuming that the original poster just wants to boot the Virtual Machine
for installation.

> if so you probably want to read the qemu documentation on how to boot
> ISO or whatever installation media you have for macOS.

Yes, true.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--