[ipxe-devel] 64 bit?

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Jan 22 18:43:35 UTC 2019

On 22/01/2019 18:01, Johannes Thoma wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> When running
>
> make bin-i386-linux/tests.linux
>
> I run in an endless loop when building the dependencies.

That's an annoying quirk of the build process when there are missing
headers, sorry.  It arises from some nasty interaction patterns between
the bits of Makefile that autogenerate other bits of Makefile and empty
header files.  It's not normally an issue since iPXE is self-contained,
but it does arise when building the bin-*-linux targets.

 From testing, it looks as though Ubuntu installs the kernel headers in
an unexpected place.  You may get it to work using:

   make EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu \
     bin-i386-linux/tests.linux