[ipxe-devel] [ipxe/ipxe] [crypto/OCSP] parse response certID hashAlgorithm (#90)

Ed Vielmetti ed at packet.com
Sun Feb 24 01:32:31 UTC 2019

Thilo writes:

> We are relying on IPXE in a 3rd party environment - we provision
> kubernetes clusters with a container OS in datacenters of public IaaS
> providers. IPXE is supplied by our IaaS provider in their datacenters to
> download, install, and boot custom OSes - in our case, Flatcar Linux.

At Packet (my employer), we've seen this iPXE issue impact other operating
systems in addition to Flatcar Linux in the recent past, notably impacting
NixOS development. So we're motivated to fix this too.

I'm happy to help provide a test environment as best we can - one of the
challenges as I understand it is that the reproducer for this doesn't yield
100% failure but does fail with some probability. Isolating the failure
condition in such a way as to have it be testable would be a big help.

thanks

Ed