[ipxe-devel] IPXE : Chain : Input/output error (http://ipxe.org/1d0c6239)

Johannes Thoma johannes at johannesthoma.com
Mon Feb 11 14:26:46 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,

Am 11.02.19 um 07:57 schrieb Christian Rappo:
> The VHD contain the firadisk driver. I hope in this way to avoid the "0x7B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSoD".

I've never used the firadisk driver but from what I read in the documentation
it expects the *whole* system partition be loaded into RAM by some boot
loader (Grub4DOS for example). This is not what iPXE over http does (which
only loads the most neccessary files). You will need to load Grub4DOS first
and then boot Windows, I am not sure if that is what you want (using iSCSI
or, later WinDRBD is probably easier and performs much better).

Best wishes and good luck with your project,

- Johannes