[ipxe-devel] IPXE master: NIC looses connectivity

Arun SAG sagarun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:33:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

We tried to run the latest master 133f4c47. Our build includes a SSL
certificate in the undionly.kpxe. IPXE loads and does a dhcp request
and receives a response, Loads the kernel and ramdisk, boots the
ramdisk over https; the kernel boots and dracut in the ramdisk again
does a dhcp and this actually fails. There is no network connectivity
from the nic. It seems like the nic just dropped out of the network.
This was reproducible on zt systems ZT z801. That machine has a nic
manufactured by
INVENTEC CORPORATION (00:8C:FA) . It is a Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet
Network Driver and uses igb driver.

When we reverted to a older
version(1b67a0564657b6fcef18b1588ea6491ca1b1996d) ipxe, we don't see
that issue anymore.

--
Arun S A G
http://zer0c00l.in/