[ipxe-devel] Transfer of a whole Dir with wimboot?

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:18:16 UTC 2018

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 21:11, Oliver Rath <oliver at greenunit.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> is it possible to transfer a whole directory at once with wimboot/initrd
> or do I have to transfer each file seperatly? Am I able to create a dir
> with this mechanism?

What is your end goal?
There is no directory structure supported by wimboot (well there is,
but you can't affect it since it is magic, see provided links)
And also any injected file is just copied to system32 - without any
structure available.
for initrd, there is no way for it to load multiple files - maybe it
would be possible on FTP or NFS, but there is no directory listing
support in TFTP or HTTP so that would mostly be unused code - as such
you will have to list files one by one that you want to load.

https://ipxe.org/wimboot#injected_files
https://ipxe.org/appnote/wimboot_architecture#the_wimboot_virtual_filesystem

/Christian