[ipxe-devel] iPXE Hardware Support Matrix

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sat Oct 6 16:28:33 UTC 2018

On 06.10.2018 12.43, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 12:37, Oliver Rath <oliver at greenunit.de
> <mailto:oliver at greenunit.de>> wrote:
>     I want to start a iPXE Hardware support Matrix in the wiki. Does
>     something similar already exist? If not, how can I contribute this table
>     into the Wiki? Im thinking about
>
>     Chipset (i.e. X540) | NICs (i.e.Intel X540-T2 Dual Port 10 Gbit/s |
>     Vendor-IDs | Ports (i.e. RJ45, SFP+) | Number of Ports | VLan y/n |
>     builtin iscsi y/n | Additional features (i.e. supports mac sec 802.1ae)
>     | burnable | comments |
>
> Is https://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers what you are looking for?

That wiki page is automatically updated on each commit to stay current.
But it does contain a link (1) to the driver test page, which again
points to a list of _tested_ drivers / card combinations (2). Your test
information should be added there, as it might help people to know what
hardware is actually working (and not just expected to work).

-- Robin

1: https://ipxe.org/dev/driver
2: https://ipxe.org/dev/nictest