[ipxe-devel] General forum questions, please post

havealoha havealoha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:00:37 UTC 2018

I emailed because the forum refused to send me an activation link.

I have the Intel NUC7xJY
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7xJY_TechProdSpec.pdf

It has RTL8111 which appears to be supported.
Can the rtl in nuc7xjy be flashed with iPXE?

http://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers
pci 10ec 8168 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express
Gigabit Ethernet Controller realtek rtl8168 RTL8111/8168B
drivers/net/realtek.c no

Does the binary rtl8168.rom support https?

Can the rom-o-matic build https and my CA into roms?

Can iPXE pass safeboot?

Can I sign iPXE with my CA or add some other cert to my UEFI so it passes
safeboot?

Reason for rom instead of chainload is I don't want to tftp because
security unless it can safeboot or verify each chain.