[ipxe-devel] Git not working?

Geert Stappers geert.stappers at hendrikx-itc.nl
Wed Nov 14 13:22:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 01:13:24PM +0000, John Haxby wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The git repo seems to have been down for about a week:
>
>   $ git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git
>   Cloning into 'ipxe'...
>   fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
>
> I've tried it from a variety of different hosts in different places and I've tried forcing IPv4 instead of IPv6.
>
> Is there something different I should be doing?

I think John did already good work by reporting that git services was
missing.

Where he got 'Connection reset by peer'
do I get 'fatal: Could not read from remote repository.'

Mostly likely is the repair now work in progress
( I don't know, no inside information )

Cheers
Geert Stappers
--
gs0604 at trancilo:~/src
$ cd ipxe/
user.email=geert.stappers at hendrikx-itc.nl
core.repositoryformatversion=0
core.filemode=true
core.bare=false
core.logallrefupdates=true
remote.origin.url=git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git
remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
branch.master.remote=origin
branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master
gs0604 at trancilo:~/src/ipxe
$ git pull