[ipxe-devel] IPXE failing to boot with multiple cards

randy silks randy at aei-it.com
Sat Mar 24 18:39:05 UTC 2018

Dear dev team,

 Am experiencing booting failure with IPXE.

I have 2 of the same type cards installed in a workstation, one has it's
flash programmed with IPXE  the other does not.

When the machine is booted it seems to pick up the unprogrammed cards MAC
address for use in booting.

Booting into IPXE I find ifstat reports the unprogrammed cards MAC address.

I would like to know if a flow chart for IPXE exists, or perhaps where to
look in the code for the area where this all happens?

Thank you

Randy Silks

CTO

AEI Intelligent Technologies Inc.