[ipxe-devel] November wimboot patches for Syslinux

Alif M. Ahmad alive4ever at live.com
Mon Dec 31 23:26:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 02:57:25PM -0500, Max wrote:
> Update booting with Syslinux does not work either.
> From this screen with a loading bar I get:
> Patched WIM header boot metadata 0x137adea 5 ->0x1674da80
> Patched WIM header boot index 2->3
>
> and before reboot I get:
> Could not set file position: 0x80000000000000035
> Failed to exit
>
> It immediately reboots. I had to film the sequence and move through the
> frames to get the error.

I encountered the same problem booting wimboot using syslinux
'linux.c32' module[1] on bios qemu instance.

Current workaround is to append 'rawwim' on the kernel command line

```
label wimboot
	com32 linux.c32
	append /wimboot initrdfile=bcd,boot.sdi,boot.wim rawwim
```

[1] https://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Linux.c32