[ipxe-devel] Error code 280860 : link down, driver not loaded ?

Géraud Guibert GGuibert at oceanet-technology.com
Thu Sep 28 10:29:38 UTC 2017

Hello M. Brown,

For sure, this code is confirming that the network is down, as
told by ifstat and route...

Here is the script :

#!ipxe

# wait/force interface to be up !?
sleep 2

set otdns x.x.x.x
set otweb www.ourwebsite.fr
set otipxe ipxe/otboot.ipxe

set ip y.y.y.y
set netmask 255.255.0.0
set gateway y.y.255.254

set net0/dns ${otdns}
set net0/ip ${ip}
set net0/netmask ${netmask}
set net0/gateway ${gateway}

config
set http_s https
chain ${http_s}://${otweb}/${ipxe} ||

set http_s http
chain ${http_s}://${otweb}/${ipxe} ||

So for the moment passing by the config ipxe to check,
then CTRL-X to validate and let it go

No magic here, because doing exactly the same thing manually
with the same parameters and facing the problem (if interrupting
the ipxe too quickly) , as said in my initial email.
;-)

Thx
Sincerely yours
Geraud Guibert