[ipxe-devel] Wimboot: Lang selection through parameters?

Melkor Lord melkor.lord at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 05:58:32 UTC 2017

On 27/09/2017 15:06, Michael Brown wrote:

>> If it does not use different indexes then I guess it is an option that
>> you give via BCD, so having one BCD file for each language is probably
>> the fix you would want in that case.
>
> You can also inject arbitrary files into \windows\system32:
>
>    http://git.ipxe.org/wimboot.git/commit/7f42b27
>
> If nothing else works (and if you really need to be able to configure a
> language before setup.exe starts), then running an arbitrary batch file
> injected via winpeshl.ini should allow you to reconfigure anything that
> you need.

I know about injecting files into \windows\system32 and about
winpeshl.ini (that's what I use to launch the setup) but what I don't
know is the command to use to dynamically change the display language of
the booted "boot.wim" OS. Or maybe I misunderstood your message?

--
Unix _IS_ user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.