[ipxe-devel] Wimboot: Lang selection through parameters?

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Sep 27 13:06:02 UTC 2017

On 27/09/17 11:21, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't each language added as a separate
> index in boot.wim?
> So adding index=x to the wimboot cmdline where x represents the index of
> your preferred language should be an option.
> If it does not use different indexes then I guess it is an option that
> you give via BCD, so having one BCD file for each language is probably
> the fix you would want in that case.

You can also inject arbitrary files into \windows\system32:

   http://git.ipxe.org/wimboot.git/commit/7f42b27

If nothing else works (and if you really need to be able to configure a
language before setup.exe starts), then running an arbitrary batch file
injected via winpeshl.ini should allow you to reconfigure anything that
you need.