[ipxe-devel] XenServer 7.0+

Sebastian Roth sebaroth at gmx.de
Tue Oct 31 06:02:00 UTC 2017

Hi Rich,

as already mentioned the "Exec format error" points to that binary
not having a proper EFI stub which is needed to chain in UEFI mode.

I figured that you can build a Xen EFI binary following this:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_EFI#Compiling_under_x86

On debian I had to install several packages beside the usual compiler
chain stuff to be able to make configure happy: bin86 bcc python-dev
acpica-tools libglib2.0-dev libpixman-1-dev libyajl-dev

git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
cd xen
./configure && make build-xen

Should will give you an UEFI PE32+ executable in xen/xen.efi in just a
couple of seconds.

Regards,
Sebastian