[ipxe-devel] http://ipxe.org/appnote/buildtargets: doc target missing, missing links

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 09:14:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Christian,
>
> thank you for supplying the page http://ipxe.org/appnote/buildtargets/.

It has been needing documentation for quite some time, happy to have
gotten around to it.

> Could you, please, add the "[platform]/doc" target which creates the
> Doxygen documentation, e.g.
>
>     make bin-arm64-efi/doc

I have never used the doc target myself, will look at it a bit more.

> I suggest to add a link to your application note in the following wiki
> sections:
>
> http://ipxe.org/docs#application_notes
> http://ipxe.org/download#source_code
>
> In http://ipxe.org/download#source_code the line
>
>     make
>
> without any build target should be replaced by
>
>     make [platform]/[driver].[extension]
>
> to match your application note.

make is the standard build and IMHO should not be replaced ...
make or make all builds some common targets, so for the normal users
of pcbios this is the most common to use until you get into the
details of iPXE building (no need to confuse the standard first time
builders any more then necessary)

There is also make everything that does a different type of multi build.
Michael: would it make sense to add ipxe.efi and snponly.efi to the all target?