[ipxe-devel] The problem with IPXE

nick yang seayfhzl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 05:10:16 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I try to set up diskless environment with iPXE, And I referenced to the
article :http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe. Finally, the process halted after
read boot.ipxe file.

I hope you would like to help me to fix this problem.

The iscsi server run on Windows 2008 r2 and run in Oracle VirturalBox
5.1.22.
The iscsi client also run in Oracle virtualBox 5.1.22.

the target is windows iscsi software target 3.3
I also config following options in microsoft dhcp:

066  host name  ---------------------the tftp server
067  boot file      ---------------------iPXE undionly.kpxe

in client , I also config following options:
> dhcp net0
Configuring (net0 08:00:27:5d::78:47)... ok
>chain http://192.168.1.1/iPXE/winpe/boot.ipxe
http://192.168.1.1/iPXE/winpe/boot.ipxe... ok

Then the process halted at this point.

Please give me some suggestion, much appreciation!!!!

BR
nick