[ipxe-devel] Addendum [was Re: Dual BIOS and EFI boot ISO]

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:02:01 UTC 2017

My understanding of that patch is that it adds on to the default iso,
so when building with .eiso it should also include .lkrn versions

I read it as if make bin/ipxe.iso && make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi &&
make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.eiso
Would generate bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.eiso that works in both efi and
bios mode, if not it is something that gets added that disables the
bios boot, modifying the iso to both have bootx64.efi and the old ones
 should not be difficult, however there might be lot's of gotchas and
need for testing.

What about using a usb drive/image instead?