[ipxe-devel] Addendum [was Re: Dual BIOS and EFI boot ISO]

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Sun Jan 29 18:28:33 UTC 2017

You are trying to create an ISO image that supports both BIOS and UEFI boot modes, similar to how a CentOS 7 ISO image is able to boot both. This is not possible given how iPXE currently creates it's ISO images. As far as I am aware, the ISOs to not contain relocatable code that can allow for a unified entry point for both platforms. Perhaps I am wrong in this, but I don't see any way to do it currently.

| 4578 ] , see the NOTES here: [ http://www.ipxe.org/cfg/platform |
| http://www.ipxe.org/cfg/platform ]

| Hth,

| Oliver

| On 28.01.2017 20:32, Dean Westhead wrote:

|| Hi,

|| I am able to create an iPXE BIOS bootable iso and a iPXE EFI bootable ISO ... is
|| there a way to create one ISO that will boot on both environments and detect
|| which one needs booting ?

|| I know that the major linux distributions do this with their build media but is
|| this possible with the iPXE ?

|| Thanks.

|| Dean.

James A. Peltier