[ipxe-devel] DHCP failures - HP R1

Arun SAG sagarun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:26:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Christian Nilsson <nikize at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might also want to try to use ipxe.pxe instead of undionly.kpxe if
> there is native drivers for your nic available in ipxe that is. (I'm
> assuming you are using undionly.kpxe based on the output)

I tried using ipxe.pxe, i was able to successfully boot this box. So the
problem seems to be at the ROM.
I have following question,

How do i configure DHCPD so that i serve ipxe.pxe just to this type of
hardware?

If i have to completely switch to ipxe.pxe, one hardware i might have
trouble booting is probably the
EMULEX NIC, i do not see b2net driver (used by emulex nics) in there
http://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers
Are they supported?

--
Arun S A G